In the fertile grazing grounds of somaliland mothers now tie toddlers to trees so that the young children cannot crawl innocently but dangerously out among the more than 1 million mines that have been haphazardly laid there over the last decade. Clearing the fields is a collection of essays arising from a symposium held in new york last year it is a most disturbing book which is already influencing discussions taking place in many nations and organisations such as the un those who read it cannot but feel an overwhelming sense of disgust . Get this from a library clearing the fields solutions to the global land mines crisis kevin m cahill. Clearing the fields solutions to the global land mines crisis is a comprehensive and authoritative book that presents the proceedings of a symposium held in new york on april 29 1994 and
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.